Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Typhoid Mary

So everyone knows, this video is awful and yet you can't turn away


Everyone is debating about whether or not it is "good" and I say that is the wrong question. The right question is that if this is a viral video, and we have an epidemic. Who is patient zero? How did this spread so quickly. Once major networks get a hold of it, it's understandable, but to get there it has to reach a critical mass. It spread across several channels, they infected enough key carriers to get this video to hit your inbox, probably somewhere last week.

I wish it was JUST about content, but it is also about delivery systems.

P.S. Most news reports say that the family paid the label $2,000 to make this song and video. I am calling B.S. as the owner of a small production company, a cursory breakdown tells me that even to do this music video poorly, they spent at least $10,000 to break even, (I could do a detailed budget if you are interested) but I am sure the company wanted to make money and I guess that they charged them closer to $15,000, but that is purely speculation on my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment